UVM Hillel serves an estimated 2,000 Jewish students at the University of Vermont.Â As of April 2014, our staff and student interns have had meaningful interaction with 748 of these students seeking to inspire them to make and enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, Israel, and public service.
WHAT WE DO
Hillel seeks to engage every Jewish university student, from those with strong Jewish backgrounds to those with none at all. They may take advantage of Hillelâ€™s leadership opportunities, travel experiences,Israeleducation and advocacy, Jewish spiritual and intellectual enrichment, holiday services, volunteer and charitable projects, and more. By creating warm, supportive Jewish communities, Hillel encourages emerging adults to take ownership of their Jewish experience and define â€œJewishâ€ their own way. Success is gauged not only by the number of attendees at an event, but also by thecreationdepth and breadthof meaningful relationships and experiences.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Hillel seeks to inspire every Jewish student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, Israel, and public service.
Hillel seeks to enrich the lives of Jewish undergraduate and graduate students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
Hillel is committed toâ€¦
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment;
- Fostering student growth and the balance in being distinctively Jewish and universally human;
- Advancing social justice, Jewish learning, and spirituality;
- Embracing Israel and global Jewish peoplehood;
- Delivering excellence, innovation, accountability, and results.