In 2008 W&L Hillel was designated a Small and Mighty Campus of Excellence by Hillel International.
Hillel provides students a place to call their "home away from home" at Washington and Lee. Our activities and programs are providing students with the opportunity to explore their Jewish identities during this important period in their lives. Whether they are attending services, socializing with professors, eating deli at study breaks, or doing a community service project, students are engaging in Jewish life in a way that`s comfortable and on their own terms.
Washington and Lee Hillel is established to provide facilities, guidance and organization for religious, cultural, educational, social community service and interfaith activities for Jewish students and Washington and Lee University. W&L Hillel is dedicated to building Jewish identity while nurturing intellectual and Spiritual Growth.
Washington and Lee Hillel Values
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment
- Fostering student growth
- Balancing the need for both a distinctively Jewish and universal human identity
- Pursuing tzedek (social justice), tikkun olam (repairing the world), and Jewish learning
- Supporting Israel and the global Jewish community.
- Committing to excellence, innovation, accountability, and results