In 2008 W&L Hillel was designated a Small and Mighty Campus of Excellence by Hillel International.
Hillel provides students a place to call their "home away from home" at Washington and Lee. Our activities and programs provide students with the opportunity to explore their Jewish identities during this important period in their lives. Whether they are attending services, socializing with professors, eating ice cream at study breaks, or doing a community service project, students are engaging in Jewish life in a way that's comfortable and on their own terms.
Washington and Lee Hillel is established to provide facilities, guidance and organization for religious, cultural, educational, social community service and interfaith activities for Jewish students and Washington and Lee University. W&L Hillel is dedicated to building Jewish identity while nurturing intellectual and Spiritual Growth.
Washington and Lee Hillel Values:
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment
- Fostering student growth
- Balancing the need for both a distinctively Jewish and universal human identity
- Pursuing tzedek (social justice), tikkun olam (repairing the world), and Jewish learning
- Supporting Israel and the global Jewish community.
- Committing to excellence, innovation, accountability, and results
Our brand-new 7,000 square foot LEED-certified facility opened September 2010 and is open to students 24/7 and open to the public Monday thru Friday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM and Sunday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- E-CafÃ© - Kosher kitchen and inside and outside dining area
- Sanctuary/Multipurpose Room
- Free Student Wi-Fi
- Comfortable Study spaces
- Lounge Area with Cable TV
- State-of-the art meeting spaces including either 60" screen TV or drop down projection screen