Dates & Registration Information
Mark your calendars for December 5-8 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
Directors, Assistant/Associate Directors, Senior Jewish Educators and Rabbis should have received an invitation to register (please check your spam/junk folders). If you did not receive an invitation, please email GlobalAssembly@hillel.org. All other Hillel professionals should receive an email with a link to this registration page. Please remember that everyone was told that they must get approval from their Hillel Executive Director before registering for the conference. Below is an overview of registration costs for the Hillel International: Global Assembly:
- $915 – Assembly Registration (all meals and programming) and double occupancy for three nights.
- $1215 – Assembly Registration (all meals and programming) and single occupancy for three nights, limited king sized beds available.
One of our greatest objectives is to have as many Hillel professionals from around the world take part in the Global Assembly. With that in mind, we are very pleased to announce that Hillel International will continue to reimburse professionals for most, if not all, of travel expenses to Orlando International Airport (MCO) for the Global Assembly 2016. Learn more here about how the reimbursement process will work. In order to receive a reimbursement, participants will need to submit a receipt and boarding passes. Additionally, only participants who attend all conference sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday are eligible for travel reimbursement. Please note that the reimbursement amounts are based on current market rates, so you should book your ticket soon. Please contact GlobalAssembly@hillel.org with questions.
Here is an overview of important dates and times to consider when booking travel:
- The Global Assembly will begin at 7:00 pm on Monday, December 5.
- The conference will end on Thursday, December 8. The sessions end at 1:00 pm and lunch will end at 2:00 pm. Please book your flights out of Orlando after 4:00 pm on Thursday.
- Important Travel Booking Note: While the programming on Thursday has traditionally been light, this year’s refreshed Global Assembly curriculum will feature a true 1/3 of the conference taking place on Thursday morning. In a few weeks, you will be signing up for classes that will span all three days, so if you leave before lunch on Thursday you will miss a significant portion of your Global Assembly curriculum.
- We will be offering a session for first time conference attendees on Monday, December 5 at 5:30 pm. We encourage all professionals who are attending the conference for the first time (including those who attended New Professionals Institute) to attend.
- There will be a number of pre-conference gatherings on Sunday and Monday (see below) so please note anything you may be expected to attend before booking your travel.
- On-site Registration for the Global Assembly will be open on Monday, December 5 from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Please make sure to arrive at the hotel and settle in with plenty of time to attend the opening event.
Once again, all hotel rooms will be booked through Hillel International and not directly through the hotel. If you have any question or concerns about the hotel, please direct them to GlobalAssembly@Hillel.org, rather than the hotel.
There will be a number of gatherings that will take place before the official start of the assembly on Sunday, December 4 and Monday, December 5. Some of these trainings are invitation only – descriptions will be included as part of the registration process. Please be in touch with the lead contact for each gathering, listed below, with any questions or for more information about arrival times.
The Springboard Fellows gathering will take place immediately following the conference during the afternoon of December 8. The program will end Thursday night and Springboard Fellows can fly out any time on Friday morning. Please contact Josh Feldman for more information.
We will continue the tradition of honoring campuses and individuals with awards at the Global Assembly. More information is available here.
Babysitting services will be provided for nursing mothers, as well as for couples who are both working for Hillel. Details will be available as part of the registration process. The deadline for signing up for babysitting will be October 28.
Don’t forget to register by Friday, October 28th. Please contact us with any questions by emailing GlobalAssembly@hillel.org. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!